The Technical Associate position is an intermediate consulting staff position. This job is qualitative and quantitative in nature. Projects can range from industry research and data collection to preparation of statistical, financial and other forms of data analysis. Must have experience with SAS and the ability to utilize various tools such as Excel and Python to analyze data. Experience working with Microsoft Excel needs to include complex formulas, pivot tables, and charting.
- Accountable for fully understanding how to construct the Bates standard analysis schedules; develops good understanding of the proprietary programs used to create them and the underlying purpose of each schedule
- Accountable for preparing more complicated schedules with the expectation that a minimum of your time will be spent on standard analysis
- Provides leadership and regular coaching to Analysts
- Consults with case managers and experts regarding case work product
- Accountable for preparing technical work product and presentation materials through the use of computer modeling, including the development of comprehensive and complex work product
- Accountable for progress towards discussing/explaining Bates Group products with case managers and providing input into how to address case issues
- Adheres to firm administrative policies, professional conduct and practices
- Assumes other duties as assigned by management
Skills and Competencies
- BS or BA from an accredited college or equivalent experience working in professional services; accounting, legal or financial services
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Technical knowledge – Ability to utilize SAS and Python etc. to analyze data. High level experience with Microsoft Excel including experience in complex formulas, pivot tables and charting.
- Research skills - Ability to gather, analyze, and summarize data from client databases, public and commercial databases and specialized industry resources
- Organizational skills - Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills – Applies flexibility when faced with multiple project deadlines; exceptional capability to work independently and as part of a team, and interact with all levels of staff and management
- Comprehension and Business Writing - Ability to read and interpret general and specialized business periodicals, professional journals and government regulations, and proofread reports and business correspondence written in English; able to follow written and oral instructions
- Client facing ability and strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strategic thinking and excellent organization and time management skills
- Acts in line with Bates’ core values: principled, accountable, connected to the client, independent, exhibits strong work ethic, provides quality services and products, values Bates’ employees, has fun, and values leadership
Send resume and cover letter to JOBS@batesgroup.com
Bates Group LLC has been a trusted partner to our financial services clients and their counsel for over 30 years, delivering superior quality and results on a cost-effective basis. Voted a Best Securities Litigation Consulting Firm by readers of the New York Law Journal and a 2017 NYLJ Hall of Fame service provider, Bates Group provides end-to-end solutions throughout the lifecycle of your legal, regulatory, and compliance matters. With a roster of over 165 financial industry and regulatory experts, Bates offers services in litigation consultation and testimony, regulatory and internal investigations, AML solutions and staffing, compliance solutions, forensic accounting, fraud and financial crimes investigations, damages and big data consulting.