Events | 11-17-20
Upcoming ABA CLE Webinar: Exploitation of Senior and Vulnerable Investors in the COVID-19 Era and Regulatory Responses
ABA CLE Event: Explore the dangers for seniors and vulnerable investors in the COVID19 era, and the response of regulators.
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought with it an increase in scams directed at seniors and other vulnerable investors. Regulators, as well as securities firms, have had to intensify their efforts to create and implement better protections for these investors. This panel will ask experts, state and federal regulators and counsel to address the latest developments in this area.
Panelists include nationally-recognized senior issues expert witness & Bates director Joe Thomas, Bates senior issues expert Amy Bard, and Richard Szuch of the New Jersey Bureau of Securities Enforcement Division.
Date: Thursday, November 19, 2020
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 1 p.m. ET
Panelists (pictured above, clockwise from top L):
- Joseph Thomas, Director and Expert, Bates Group
- Richard Szuch, Enforcement Division Chief, New Jersey Bureau of Securities
- Amy Bard, Esq., Senior Issues Expert, Bates Group
- Marin E Gibson, Managing Director and Associate General Counsel, SIFMA
- Lawrence E. Fenster, Principal, Bressler, Amery & Ross, PC
- Erin Linehan, Associate General Counsel, Compliance, Raymond James Financial Services, Inc.
Presented by ABA
-No registration fee for ABA Section of Litigation members-
The ABA will seek 1.00 general CLE credit hours in 60-minute-hour states, and 1.20 general CLE credit hours in 50-minute states.