Events | 05-19-23
Bates Group’s John Ashley to Speak on “Banking Digital Currency” Webinar, Hosted by the American Bankers Association, May 24, 2023
Bates Group Managing Consultant John Ashley (pictured) will be speaking at an upcoming webinar on "Banking Digital Currency," sponsored by the American Bankers Association. Attendees will be able to expand their knowledge of the digital currency space, including regulatory controls and the current regulatory environment.
May 24, 2023 | 3 - 4 PM ET
- The basics of digital currencies
- The current regulatory landscape for digital currencies
- Discussion of what banks are seeing today with customers buying and selling digital currency through 3rd parties like Venmo, Coinbase or FTX
- Is your bank in the digital asset space? What should you know how you should review?
- Explore digital related businesses being banked and businesses that may be selling equipment related to mining
- The risks to keep in mind when banks add digital currencies
Rebecca Schauer Robertson, CAMS-Audit, CFE, CAFP, SVP, Dir. Financial Investigations Unit, Atlantic Union Bank (moderator)
Mike Gallagher, BSA High Risk Manager, Old National Bank
John Ashley, CIPP/US, CCRS, CRCMP, Managing Consultant, Bates Group
About Bates Group:
Bates Group assists firms and counsel throughout their legal, regulatory, compliance and AML matters. Our experienced staff and consultants offer a suite of AML and Compliance consulting services to established and start-up companies in banking, broker-dealer, RIA, Fintech, virtual assets/cryptocurrency, Money Services Businesses (MSBs), and Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFIs).