Last modified March 11, 2019
Bates Group LLC ("Bates") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information Bates may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.batesgroup.com (the "Website") and Bates’ practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information Bates collects:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- From its involvement in event sponsorships or otherwise from event partners.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Bates or any third party (including Bates’ affiliates and agents); or
- any third party (including Bates’ affiliates and agents), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Bates’ Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. Bates does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Information Bates Collects About You and How Bates Collects It
Bates may collect several types of information from and about users of its Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as password and IP address; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access Bates’ Website, and usage details.
Bates collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, Bates’ business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information Bates collects on or through its Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Bates’ Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to Bates’ newsletters, requesting services, or downloading certain content. Bates may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Bates.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information Bates Collects Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with Bates’ Website and its electronic communications, Bates may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to Bates’ Website and interaction with its electronic communications, including communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information Bates collects automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but Bates may maintain it or associate it with personal information Bates collects in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps Bates to improve its Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Bates to:
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies Bates uses for this automatic data collection may include:
Bates does not collect personal information automatically, but it may tie this information to personal information about you that it collects from other sources or you provide to us.
How Bates Uses Your Information
Bates uses information that it collects about you or that you provide to Bates, including any personal information:
- To present Bates’ Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Bates.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out Bates’ obligations and enforce its rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Bates, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to Bates’ Website or any products or services Bates offers or provides though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on Bates’ Website.
- When you make services requests via the Website.
- In any other way Bates may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Bates may also use your information to contact you about its own goods and services and third party events that may be of interest to you. If you do not want Bates to use your information in this way, please click on the “Manage Your Email Preferences” or "Manage Your Subscription" links in any promotional email and adjust your user preferences.
Disclosure of Your Information
Bates may disclose aggregated information about its users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, and other third parties Bates uses to support its business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which Bates discloses it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Bates Group LLC's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Bates Group LLC about its Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their events to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Bates may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If Bates believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bates Group LLC, its customers, or others.
Choices About How Bates Uses and Discloses Your Information
Bates strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to it. Bates has created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising - If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by clicking on the “Manage Your Email Preferences” or "Manage Your Subscription" links in any promotional email and adjusting your user preference or by sending us an email stating your request to Privacy@batesgroup.com.
- Promotional Offers from Bates - If you do not wish to have your email address used by Bates to promote its own products or services or third parties’ events, you can opt out by clicking on the “Manage Your Email Preferences” or "Manage Your Subscription" links in any promotional email and adjusting your user preferences or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by clicking on the “Manage Your Email Preferences” or "Manage Your Subscription" links in any promotional email and adjusting your user preferences.
You may also send us an email at Privacy@batesgroup.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Bates may not accommodate a request to change information if it believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users of Bates’ Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Bates discloses information to its event partners who host events that may be of interest to you.
Bates has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Bates does its best to protect your personal information, it cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to its Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Bates is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.